Apa itu Android? Android itu operating system untuk smartphone dari Google dan boleh diinstall dalam kebanyakkan smartphone masa kini. Gingerbread atau Android 3.0 adalah keluaran terbaru dari Google. Walaubagaimanapun, Gingerbread ini belum lagi dikeluarkan dan ini hanyalah 'rumour' dari internet. Ntah btul ntah idak..
Antara Tambahan untuk Gingerbread.
content yang aku plagarize untuk korang.
- Built-in video chat support: The iPhone 4's FaceTime video chat made a splash -- and Google looks to be right on Apple's heels. In an interview, Andy Rubin, Google's vice president of engineering, said Google is working on integrating video chat into its new OS.
- Death of third-party "bloatware": HTC's Android-powered smartphones have thus far combined HTC's own Sense UI with Android's UI. Apparently this convergence of UI elements will cease with Android 3.0, eliminating Sense, Motorola's Motorblur, and others -- but whether these companies will willingly relinquish their OS creations is contentious.
- Possible mixture of webOS: The lead designer of Palm's webOS joined Google's ranks this year, which may mean Android 3.0 will integrate bits of Palm's gorgeous interface. In addition, Android 3.0 promises a "simpler and cleaner" look for Android, especially with its apps, and the most noticeable change is the notification bar, which will go from bright white to a "warmer slate gray color." The aesthetic overhaul will also subtly integrate the Android brand's recognizable green milieu into the palate.
- Integrated Google apps: Your favorite Google apps -- such as Gmail, Calendar, Maps and YouTube -- will reportedly be less of a "tacked-on accessory" and become an extension of the OS. This eliminates reliance on wireless carriers to roll out Google app updates.
- Increased speed: Like in Android 2.2, 3.0 will use the new Dalvik JIT compiler to allow for better CPU performance, turning Android smartphones into speed freaks.
- Needed: A powerful smartphone: The more features you add, the more powerful the phone will need to be. Android 3.0 won't be a featherweight. According to reports, the OS will require some hefty specs: at least a 1 GHz processor, 512 MB RAM, and 3.5-inch display (4-inch displays and larger require resolutions of at least 1280 x 760).
sumber dari pcworld dan phandroid.